How To Identify Taxi One Of Lexington and Its Drivers
- We have Orange taxi cabs with black lettering and White taxi cabs with black lettering.
- The picture above shows one of our white taxis.
- Our cabs can by identified individually by the number on the back corner.
- Our taxi cab drivers are friendly and will be looking out for you!
Check the fare estimator on the home page to estimate fare for a taxi ride from your pick up point to your destination.
Taxi One Of Lexington’s Taxi Fare Information
The meter drop is $2.50 and the taxi meter rate is $2.50 for the first mile, thus the first mile is $5.00. For each additional additional 1/10 mile the cost is $0.25; in other words, $2.50 for every mile thereafter). People 60 and older receive a 10% discount on fares. Waiting is calculated on the taxi meter at ($25.00 Per Hour).
- $2.50 First 1/10 Mile or Fraction Thereof
- $.25 Each additional 1/10
- $25.00 Per Hour Waiting Time
- $100.00 Clean-Up Fee
- Four passengers can ride for the price of one if going to the same destination.
- $2.50 per passenger over 4.
- $100 and up clean-up fee.
Passenger Bill of Rights
We strive to make every cab ride as friendly and accomodating as possible. Because of that, we have assembled a list of rights every passenger is entitled to. As a taxi passenger, you have the right to:
- Pay for your ride with credit/debit card;
- Go to any destination;
- Direct the route taken: The most direct route or one of your choice;
- A safe and courteous driver who obeys all traffic laws;
- A knowledgeable driver who speaks English and knows Lexington geography;
- Air conditioning or heat on request;
- A noise free trip: no horn honking or radio;
- Clean air. smoke and scent free air;
- Working seatbelts for all passengers;
- A clean taxicab: interior, exterior and partition if any;
- Be accompanied by a service animal;
- A driver who does not use a cell phone while driving (hand-held or hands free);
- Decline to tip for poor service.
If you feel your rights were violated by a taxicab driver, please submit a complaint via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (859)308-6555.
Using a Credit Card in a Cab
Taxi One Of Lexington has mandated that all taxicabs be equipped to accept credit/debit cards for all fares. All electronic transactions are secured and are never saved.
Frequently Asked Questions about Credit/Debit Cards
- Can I use my credit/debit card for all fares? Yes, drivers accept credit/debit cards for all fares; there are no minimums or fees to use your credit/debit card.
- Do I have to sign the receipt? Customers only need to sign the receipt when the total is $25.00 and over.
- What happens if my credit/debit card does not work? If the credit/debit card payment does not process, passengers can pay in cash or use another card.
- If after swiping my credit/debit card, the driver informs me that the card transaction did not go through and requests cash, what should I do?
The Passenger Information Monitor (PIM) located in the backseat will inform the passenger when a credit/debit card is approved. If the screen indicates that the credit card has been approved, your card will be charged and the driver will be paid. In most cases the last four digits of your credit card number will be noted on the receipt. If you are double charged, call Taxi One Of Lexington to bring a consumer complaint against the driver and call your credit card company to request a chargeback. Passengers should always ask for a receipt.
- Is a driver allowed to refuse to let a passenger use his/her credit/debit card? No. Drivers are required to accept American Express, MasterCard, VISA and Discover for all fares. The driver must accept credit/debit cards for any fare amount. If a driver claims the credit card system is broken and/or prevents a passenger from using their credit/debit card, please report this to Taxi One Of Lexington.
- What if a driver says the system is not working? The passenger should note the taxicab number and call 859.223.8888. The customer service representative will take your credit card over the telephone.
- I am concerned about security, who will swipe the credit/debit card?All the equipment is installed in the back seat of the cab. The passenger swipes the card and can enter the tip on the touch screen located in the back seat. There is no need to hand the card to the driver. In addition, all taxicab systems are certified under the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.
- Can I use a keypad to enter my debit card pin number?The systems only work with signature based credit cards/debit cards. There are no PIN based functions built into the systems. This feature may be added at a later date. If a MasterCard or Visa logo is present on the debit card, it should be accepted by the taxicabs.
- Which credit/debit cards are accepted?Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and in some instances, JCB
Debit cards: Signature based Visa and MasterCard.
- How will I get my receipt?The driver will hand you the receipt as they do now.
- What should I do if I want to pay by credit card, but the driver informs me he/she has already pressed the “Cash” button?Inform the driver that you wish to pay by credit card. He/she will be able to reset the PIM or enter the amount.
If you feel you have misplaced an item in our cabs, we will do our best to locate the item and have it back in your possesion. Contact us by calling (859)308-6555.
Details Help Us Find Your Lost Items
The more details you give us the the better chance we have of finding what you have lost.
- Phone Number
- Date of service
- Time and location of pickup
- Did you flag the cab or call?
- A description of the item
- If possible, the cab number
After thirty days any unclaimed items and their contents will be donated to local charity.
Compliment a Driver
If you feel our drivers or dispatchers performed above and beyond the call of duty with acts of professionalism and courteous service, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your compliment via email: email@example.com or call us at (859)308-6555. Please provide as much of the following information as possible:
- Date and Time of Occurrence
- Pick-up and Drop-Off Location
- Driver’s Name
- Vehicle Number
- Vehicle’s License Plate Number (for taxicab driver compliments, this information will be on your receipt)
- A description of what the driver did to inspire your compliment
Submit a Complaint
If you feel a driver or dispatcher didn’t perform as well as expected or if you feel we could improve, please let us know. Taxi One Of Lexington accepts complaints about taxi drivers and their vehicles from passengers, observers, or people who were refused a pick-up. It is against the law for a taxi driver to refuse to pick you up because of race, disability, or destination while on duty. Please submit your complaint via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (859)308-6555.